Pastor Wilna Pierre, a Chaplain on our team in Haiti, has written a series of short devotions to encourage those who support our ministry. Today’s devotion is about Jesus who is the tree of life.
Devotions were translated by Denise Dent.
Tèm: Vrè pye bwa se Jezi
Sijè: Pye bwa ki bay lavi
Vèsè: Jan 15:1-3- “Mwen se pye rezen tout bon an. Papa m se moun kap okipe pye rezen an. Li koupe tout branch nan mwen ki pa donnen. Li netwaye tout branch ki donnen pou yo ka donnen plis toujou. Nou menm, avèk tou sa m moutre nou yo, nou deja nan kondisyon pou n fè volonte Bondye.”
Theme: The true tree is Jesus.
Subject: The tree which gives life
Verse: John 15:1-3- “I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit. Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you.”
“People who have Jesus also have life”
Obeyi paske ou pran plezi nan fè sa ki mal. Nou renmen Bondye lè nou fè toujousa li mande nou fè, sa Bondye mande de nou fè yo pa twò difisil (1 Jan 5:3) (1 Jan 5:12)
Nou gen 4 repons:
- Tonbe nan lamou ak Jezi (Jan 14:15).
- Sèvi Bondye selon relasyon pa selon règ yo (Matye 5:17).
- Reponn a tout peche ak gras ak laverite (Rom 8:1).
- Veye kè w pou ou pa retounen fè bak.
We must always obey God because we naturally take pleasure in doing things that are evil. We want God to do for us all that He tells us he will do. And we must remember that the things he asks us to do are not too difficult for us to do (1 John 5:3)*. People who have Jesus also have life, but people who don’t have Jesus no longer have life (1 John 5:12)**.
We have 4 answers:
- Fall in love with Jesus. If we love him then we will want obey his commandments. (John 14:15)
- Serve God according to relationships, not according to rules. (Matthew 5:17)
- Respond to all sin with grace and truth. (Romans 8:1)
- Search your heart so that you don’t backslide. (Deuteronomy 30:19)
*John 5:3- “For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome.”
**1 John 5:12- “Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.”